Avast! Antivirus & Security is one of the oldest security suite for Android that carries necessary tools to secure phones and tablets from malwares and internet threats. All the app features are now available for free. Few features like Network Meter and Anti-Theft have been removed from the suite. Anti-Theft is not available as separate free app.
– Virus and malware scanner automatically scans for infected apps and trojans. Newly installed apps are scanned for safety.
– Scans and blocks infected links, adware, spyware and USSD numbers that have the ability to wipe your device memory. Automatically corrects mistyped URLs.
– Provides insights about installed apps and helps you understand your apps access rights, ad network integrations, and permissions.
– Block unwanted callers by blocking their phone numbers.
– Lock apps with security PIN to retain your privacy. (App Locker is also available as separate app and includes more features)
– Check WiFi to make sure your connection is safe.
Developer: AVAST Software
Current Version: 5.7.2
Supported OS: Android 4.0.3 and above
Safe APK: Avast Mobile Security APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
– More useful permanent notification with shortcuts to the most popular features.
– Continuous improvements in stability and performance.
– New app icon.
– User interface improvements.
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Fixed bugs in Privacy Adviser feature.
– Fixed user interface glitches on some devices in Wi-Fi speed check feature.
– Fixed problem with clipboard cleaner.
– Added Firewall. Requires root permission.
– Keeps activity log.
– Scans APK files before installation from storage.
– Bug fixes.
– Avast Mobile Security 5.0 has been released with revamped user interface and easy to use functions.
– Premium features have been made available for free now.
– Stay secure even on public WiFi.
– PIN protect apps. Block unwanted calls.
– Avast Firewall has been removed (temporarily)
– Bugs and crashes fixed.
– Wi-Fi Security scans any hotspot users are connected to and tells whether it is safe or not.
– Identifies potential Wi-Fi vulnerabilities and gives appropriate security solutions.
– Warns when unknown sources appear on device.
– Shows USB debugging is enabled.