Avast! Antivirus & Security is one of the oldest security suite for Android that carries necessary tools to secure phones and tablets from malwares and internet threats. All the app features are now available for free. Few features like Network Meter and Anti-Theft have been removed from the suite. Anti-Theft is not available as separate free app.
Android 4.1 and above
Safe APK: Avast Mobile Security APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: 342C8F0921EA04EA4EE826316F53685CCC9D1AA3 ]
– Virus and malware scanner automatically scans for infected apps and trojans. Newly installed apps are scanned for safety.
– Scans and blocks infected links, adware, spyware and USSD numbers that have the ability to wipe your device memory. Automatically corrects mistyped URLs.
– Provides insights about installed apps and helps you understand your apps access rights, ad network integrations, and permissions.
– Block unwanted callers by blocking their phone numbers.
– Lock apps with security PIN to retain your privacy. (App Locker is also available as separate app and includes more features)
– Check WiFi to make sure your connection is safe.
– Android O support
– App Unlock screen keys displayed correctly
– Anti-Theft SMS commands fixed
– Call Blocker country code bugs fixed
– Faster loading of results screen after a scan, cleaning or boost is finished
– Improved scan complete dialog
– Rescan option added to Issues screen
Overview of Previous Updates:
– App Locking timeout settings – configure how often you want to enter PIN – top user request
– Last Known Location – find your device after the battery dies – new Pro feature
– Anti-Theft redesign
– New network dialog appears when connecting to a new WiFi network
– WiFi Scan errors fixed
– Call Blocker bugs fixed
– New! Photo Vault. Lock and encrypt your sensitive photos.
– New! Power Save. Extend your battery life by switching off unneeded hardware settings.
– New! Junk detection alert. Lets you know when you have 50+ MB to clean.
– New! Free trial. New users get a free trial to try out your favorite Pro features.
6.1.3 – 6.3.1
– Minor bug fixes
– Improved stability
6.0.1 – 6.1.2
– Introducing the all new Avast Mobile Security!
– With clean new design, you’ll find all your favorite features right where you want them, with less visual clutter.
– With more powerful background operations, you’ll be able to navigate freely while a scan is in progress.
– Version 6.0 prepares us to bring you powerful new features at a faster pace, so stay tuned for some major updates.
– Introducing Safe Clean — scan for and remove junk files on your device to free up storage space.
– Improved Charging Booster — turn it on under Tools > Settings > Charging Booster.
Minor improvements and bug fixes.
– Charging Booster improvements. Enable it in Settings > Charging Booster.
– App Locking improvements. Enable it under Tools > App Locking.
– Notification widget improvements. Enable under Settings > Notifications > Permanent notification.
Introducing Mobile Security Pro. Remove ads and unlock other premium features.
– More useful permanent notification with shortcuts to the most popular features.
– Continuous improvements in stability and performance.
– New app icon.
– User interface improvements.
– Fixed bugs in Privacy Adviser feature.
– Fixed user interface glitches on some devices in Wi-Fi speed check feature.
– Fixed problem with clipboard cleaner.
– Added Firewall. Requires root permission.
– Keeps activity log.
– Scans APK files before installation from storage.
– Bug fixes.
– Avast Mobile Security 5.0 has been released with revamped user interface and easy to use functions.
– Premium features have been made available for free now.
– Stay secure even on public WiFi.
– PIN protect apps. Block unwanted calls.
– Avast Firewall has been removed (temporarily)
– Bugs and crashes fixed.
– Wi-Fi Security scans any hotspot users are connected to and tells whether it is safe or not.
– Identifies potential Wi-Fi vulnerabilities and gives appropriate security solutions.
– Warns when unknown sources appear on device.
– Shows USB debugging is enabled.