Google Talkback is designed for vision impaired and blind users to interact with their Android devices. This accessibility service enables audible, spoken and vibration feedbacks on devices for assistance. Usually, this service comes pr-einstalled on phone and can be utilized or adjusted from phone settings. If it is not there, then it can be obtained from Play Store or installed manually.
Notable features included in this service are, changing size of text to large from normal. This helps people with long sightedness to read the text on phone screen. Enable or disable auto rotation of screen. This feature changes screen orientation from portrait to landscape and vice versa when phone is tilted. Speak passwords option makes phone read passwords for visually impaired people. Text-to-Speech output makes the phone read written text on screen for users. Touch and hold delay time can be adjusted according to users requirements. Moreover, web accessibility can be enhanced or disabled from service settings.
Google Talkback app can be activated accordingly: In Android 2.2 and above, Go to Phone Settings and select Accessibility. There you will find option like “Accessiblity” and “Talkback” if you are using an older phone running older Android OS. Enable them by tapping on them. In Android 4.0 and above you will see “Talkback” option. Tap on the switch to enable that.
Developer: Google Inc.
Current Version: 4.3.1 & 3.6.0 (varies with device)
OS Requirements: Android 2.2 and above
Compatibility: Phones and tablets
Safe to Install: Google Talkback APK was fetched from Play Store which means it is unmodified and original. See the hashes on download page.
• We try our best to provide latest Talkback APK but if we have missed an update and there is a newer version available, notify us in comments section below.
– Speaks phonetic transcription of letters when they are long pressed on keyboard and also when navigating through text by character.
– Announces TalkBack On, Suspended and Resumed states.
– Pronounces hints for actions during linear navigation after 1 second delay.
Overview of Previous Verisons:
– Added ability to assign shortcuts for tapping on the side of the device.
– Make new keyboard shortcuts.
– Added support for custom actions.
– Improved support for navigating web contents.
– Bugs fixes and stability improvements.