Firefox is one of the oldest and popular web browser developed and maintained by Mozilla. It gained popularity as the best internet explorer alternative in past. Now, it is being developed for Android phones and tablets as alternative to stock web browser of Android OS. Mozilla a non-profit organization has always provided this web browser for free and it always will be. Additionally, Mozilla has always supported web privacy and freedom over internet against corporate invasion.
Current Version: 55.0.2
Supported OS: Android 4.0.3 and above
Safe APK Firefox APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: 920F4876A6A57B4A6A2F4CCAF65F7D29CE26FF2C ]
Every new Firefox update is bringing new features, better stability and improved optimization for slower devices. Firefox is built keeping slower devices in mind. That’s why most reviews from users and professionals are positive for this app. This web browser offers smoother and faster browsing experience. New Firefox loads much faster than predecessor versions. Any web page no matter if it is optimized for mobile browsing or not displays brilliantly over it.
Firefox android app has got stylish look, easy to use interface, addons facility and much more. The new home panel design is customizable the way a user wants. Users can add new web contents and quickly access feeds of their subscribed sites. Firefox can be synchronized over multiple devices. The desktop tabs, browsing history, passwords and bookmarks can now be synchronized with Firefox on android phones and tablets. HTML5 has gain much popularity now. Therefore, a web browser must have excellent support for it. Firefox fully supports HTML5 and Web APIs. This web browser also has got support for wide range of video formats including popular h.264 (MP4). So, the videos can be directly played on web browser without taking the help of flash or external apps. Privacy should not be a major concern when you are using Firefox. Users can freely control their privacy, security and the personal data they want to share over internet. Mozilla Firefox now supports more than 59 languages.
Several addons are now also available for Android version of Firefox. Few notable addons include AutoPager, LastPass Password Manager, NoScript, Shareaholic, FourSquare, Low Quality Flash, Adblocker plus, ProxTube, Dr. WebLink Checker etc.
– New Greek and Lao locales
– Font size on web pages now uses system font size settings
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Added Bulgarian (bg) and Kabyle (kab) locales
– Improved bookmarks sync performance for Firefox for Android
– Improved stability during media playback
52.0 – 52.0.2
– Improved media controls
– Improved security with the “secure” cookie keyword (Strict Secure Cookies specification)
– Removed Battery Status API to reduce fingerprinting of users by trackers
– Use Skia library for content rendering
50.1.0 – 51.0
– Simplified panels by combining “Recent Tabs” into “History” panel
– Support of HLS videos via player overlay
– Remember scroll position and zoom level for open tabs
– Updated First Run to showcase several exciting features
– Outdated tabs are now hidden when restore tabs setting is set to “Always restore”
– Suggest “Add to home screen” for frequently used websites
– Migrate reading list to bookmarks
– Video controls get a new look
– Added “Show/Hide web fonts” in advanced settings to reduce bandwidth and data consumption.
– Added system notification to highlight features on browser update.
– Include URL when sharing selected text from web pages.
– Audio indicator tab displays in tab list.
– Mark read/unread state of items in reading list panel.
– Accessibility improvements.
– User interface updates.
– Added locales: Albanian [sq], Burmese [my], Lower Sorbian [dsb], Songhai [son], Upper Sorbian [hsb] and Uzbek [uz].
– Yandex set as default search provider for the Turkish locale.
– URL bar now displays page address and not page title.
– IndexedDB now accessible from worker threads.
– New mirroring support for Chromecast
– Added support for ‘prefer safe HTTP header’. Public key pinning support enabled.
– Improved stability and optimized for lesser resources consumption. Improved user interface.
– Faster loading. Improved web experience.
– Added support for latest Android OS.