WhatsApp is one of the most popular messenger app developed for communication via mobile phones, tablets and other devices.It is now owned by Facebook Inc. and available for all major mobile platforms including Android. WhatsApps for Android is best alternative to stock messaging service of phone and tablets that is fast, reliable and widely accessible. Sending SMS costs money especially when you need to send it abroad. But with WhatsApp sending messages is entirely free.
WhatsApp messenger for Android utilizes WiFi and mobile network (2G, 3G and 4G) to send and receive text messages, images and videos, and audio notes. WhatsApp offers its lifetime subscription for free now. The core features included in this app are send messages to anyone in phone book who uses WhatsApp. It automatically detects who is using it and shows the list of users. Users can create groups, set details for that, apply profile pictures and do group chats. A message, image or video sent in a groups is sent to everyone present in the group. Any group member can leave the group any time. Additionally, group members can also make changes to the group name and profile pictures. There is a built in photo, video gallery in this app through which users can select items to send. Audio messages can be recorded and sent for voice chat. Pictures can be taken from within the app by turning on the camera.
WhatsApp works with the phone number people have. There is no need to sign up, obtain username or pin or any other hectic signing process. Just install it and it will work with the mobile phone number a user have. WhatsApp provides the facility of delivering all those received messages when the phone was switched off or set to airplane mode or out off coverage area. So, users won’t miss a single message. Users can check the recent availability of other WhatsApp users as well. Now, WhatsApp also displays the message seen indication along with each messages. The notification for new messages also appear in notifications bar. Notification sounds can be turned off or customized. App background can also be customized. Theme packs are available to change the appearance of the messenger. WhatsApp support both landscape and portrait mode texting. The company has also introduced WhatsApp for web. So, now users can send messages directly from computer’s web browser in addition to their mobile phones and tablets. Now, calling feature has been introduced for apps users. Make free calls with WhatsApp in addition to traditional messaging.
Developer: WhatsApp Inc.
Current Version: 2.16.352
Supported OS: Android 2.2.3 and above
Safe APK: WhatsApp APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
– Introducing WhatsApp video calling. With free video calls, you can have face-to-face chats with your friends and family around the world. Data charges may apply. (requires Android 4.1+)
– You can now send and receive animated GIFs
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Now you can draw or add text and emojis to photos and videos you capture within WhatsApp. You can also pick a brush size or font style by dragging left on the color selector
– In groups, you can now mention specific people by typing the @ symbol
– Group admins can now invite people to join a group by sharing a link. From group info, just tap Add participants > Invite to group via link
– New emoji. And sending a single emoji will now appear larger in chats.
– When sharing or forwarding messages, you can now send to multiple chats at once
– Chats you frequently contact now appear when forwarding or sharing messages
– While recording videos, slide your finger up or down to zoom in and out
– A new front-facing flash helps you capture selfies in the dark
– When placing a WhatsApp call, you can now quickly leave a voice message if your call isn’t answered, just like voicemail.
– Missed calls now show up in chats.
– Reply to specific messages in any chat. Just tap and hold on any message and tap the reply button at the top of the screen.
– Tap on the quoted part of the message to scroll up to the original message.
– When attaching a PDF file, you can now tap “Browse other docs…” to pick a PDF from cloud storage like Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive (Android 4.4+).
– View PDF files you’ve sent and received by tapping Media from contact info or group info.
– View starred messages for a given chat from contact info or group info.
– Tapping the quick camera button in a chat lets you pick a photo or video from your camera roll.
– Reply to new messages right from notifications.
– Quickly archive, delete, or mute multiple chats at once. Just tap and hold a chat in the chats tab and tap on other chats to select them.
– Pick from a set of solid colors for your chat wallpaper.
– Format text in your messages by surrounding your text with special characters.
– When clearing a chat, you can choose to keep your starred messages.
– Starred messages: Press and hold on any conversation to star (bookmark) it to easily find it later. You can access them all from Chats > Menu > Starred Messages.
– Added support for Android direct share that let you quickly select specific chats when sharing contents from other apps. Only supported on Android Marshmallow.
– Links in chats now display rich preview. Rich preview can be removed while sending a link.
– Added per chat custom notifications and mute settings.
– Mark chats as read or unread.
– Over 100 new emojis.
– Backup your chats and media on Google Drive. (Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat backup) Chats can be restored in case you lose your phone or change it for newer Android phone.
– Added language support for Kazakh, Tagalog, Uzbek, Marathi, and Malayalam.
– Compatible with Android 6.0 permissions.
– Added new emoji.
– When received a contact card, quickly message or save the contact on your device if you are already on WhatsApp.
– Decrease the data usage during WhatsApp calls through Settings of Chats and Calls.
– Added Language support for Urdu and Bengali.
– WhatsApp supports free international calls. Calls are supported over WiFi and phone data.
– Some minor Bug and stability fixes.
– Newer version carries calling feature plus all previous features.
– WhatsApp now introduces calling features. (People with active calling service need to make a Whatsapp call to you to activate this service on your device.)
– Introduced few new features. Added compatibility with more new devices. Improved stability and user interface.