There are lots of possibilities with Android OS. One of them is the capability of playing all kinds of video and audio files on Android phones and tablets. All you need is a well developed handy application that could play them. MX Player pops up in the crowd of media player apps which is freeware and one of the most used video player app available at Play Store. Watch movies, listen to music and stream online videos with MX Player. If your web browser supports playing videos with external media player, you can utilize MX Player to stream them. (MX Player Pro is the ads free variant of fully functional freeware version. Users may opt-in for that.)
Developer: J2 Interactive
Current Version: 1.9.19 (varies with device)
Supported OS: Android 4.0+ | 2.3+
Safe APK: MX Player APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: 42588B092F7DCED6F1E29C1E9F7537353EF06461 ]
MX Player developed by J2 Interactive utilizes open source codec technology to run almost all popular media formats. Therefore, you can watch movies and videos just like you watch them on PC, television, media players or home theaters. The application is capable of playing high definition HD video files. The only requirement for HD videos is faster CPU and GPU that can handle the video processing smoothly while playback. MX Player app can be installed on almost any android phone and tablet. Therefore, no special device specifications are required.
MX Player UI is clean and easy to use. Adjustments can be made through settings according to the requirements. The playback size of videos can be adjusted. You can zoom in or zoom out, change resolution, change brightness, add boost to volume, enable subtitles, change subtitles font size and rotate the playback display. Other features included are displaying Battery/Clock, Elapsed time, auto-hide soft buttons, adjust brightness and volume with one touch, and multi-touch support. The supported video media formats are AVI, 3GP, M4V, MOV, MP4, WMV, RMVB, MKV, TS, MPG, FLV and many more. The supported subtitle formats include .ssa/.ass, .smi, .srt, .sub, .idx, .mpl, .psb, .txt, .pjs and .vtt . Unsynchronised subtitles can also be synchronized using sync option from subtitle settings. Using subtitles gestures feature, you can scroll text forward, backward and zoom in/out to increase or decrease text size.
This media player supports hardware acceleration to speedup decoding process and improve playback quality. Software acceleration can also be selected from settings. To improve app performance, MX Player supports Multi-Core decoding thus distributing the resource over multiple cores. While handing over phone to small kids to let them watch videos, elders can use Kids Lock feature to stop them from making accidental calls or mess with other phone apps. Separate plugin is required for that purpose which is also available at Play Store for free. Separate codec packs are available for ARMv5, ARMv6 and ARMv7 which you can download if MX Player asks for. Otherwise, there is no need for that. All kinds of videos will play fine. MX Player Pro is also available for purchase that offers ad free experience.
– New: Support for the external PGS subtitles (*.sup)
– Fixed: Improper rendering of some PGS subtitles
– Improvement: H.264 10bits and HEVC 10bits are listed on [Settings → Decoder → HW+ Video Codecs]. Can be enabled in order to force try, even if the device doesn’t support it explicitly.
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Fixed: Brightness value on the screen doesn’t match with settings.
1.9.15 – 1.9.16
– Fixed: Brightness can’t be reduced up to system lowest brightness.
– Improved brightness scaling algorithm to make it smoother on low screen brightness conditions.
– Fixed some ANRs on x86 devices.
– Fixed some crashes.
1.9.9 – 1.9.11
– Hi10p Hardware acceleration is now enabled for devices with RK3399
– Option to prefer audio pass through when it’s possible
– Workaround for OPUS audio cracklings due to poor muxing (Menu > Audio > Fix broken Audio)
– Fixed: Zoom & Pan issues with custom zoom
– Fixed: Automatically starts playing in some cases when it’s paused due to headset disconnection
– Fixed: Incorrect error prompts when playback fails due to network error
– Fixed: Network stream closes when switching to background