Orbot for Android is a free proxy app that lets you use internet securely on your mobile devices. Orbot uses Tor to encrypt your Internet traffic and hide it by bouncing through a series of computers (relays) around the world. Tor is an open source project that has established an open network to help you secure your identity and defend you against any form of network surveillance and spying on your activity over internet.
Developer: The Tor Project
Current Version: 16.0.0-RC-2-multi-SDK23
Supported OS: Android 6.0 and above
Safe APK: Orbot APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: CD142ACCDE63FE57C1C52858E19D1B37C76422CE ]
– Major update to the user interface!
– New wizards for setup and bridge configuration
– Improved VPN features
– Fixes for Onion/Hidden service configuration crashes
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Updates to Tor 0.3.0.7
– New built-in bridges and bridge selection logic
– Powerful new Onion (Hidden) Service configuration
– NEW OPTIONAL PERMISSION: “Write External Storage” and “Read Phone State” need to support Hidden Services backup and background services. No personal data is read, stored or transmitted.
– Fixes for app selection screen layout and crash bugs
– Fixes for native code crashes for some devices
– updated to OpenSSL 1.0.2j
– FIXED: multi-architecture single build for both ARM and Intel ATOM devices
– FIX: No notification or disappearing notification
– IMPROVED: superuser/root support for transparent proxying