Adobe Reader is one of the oldest and widely used PDF files explorer. It is the part of Adobe Acrobat software family which is used to create PDF documents. Adobe Reader allows users to view those documents, copy written text from them and also print those documents. PDF is the most popular format used today for creating secure documents. Most freeware Android office applications from different developers also support viewing and editing PDF documents. Adobe Reader for Android, as its name implies is limited to exploring them if you want to use it for free. But you can subscribe to Adobe’s online services from within the app and create or edit your documents and even export them to Microsoft’s Word and Excel formats.
Adobe Reader for Android is a fluid and responsive app for viewing documents. Several features are available like searching, continuous scrolling, single page view, zooming in and out, night mode, brightness lock, commenting on documents, highlighting etc. This app supports opening documents directly from email, web or any other app. While reading in dark, select night mode to darken screen and protect your eyes. Brightness lock enables you to continue reading without worrying about dimming or closing of screen. If you are not able to read small alphabets on mobile screen, simply zoom in or tilt screen to ease the reading. Now, you can also review the documents and make comments with sticky notes and drawing tools. You can also mark or highlight text with annotation tools. Adobe Reader also supports filling out forms. Now, you can input text into fill able fields and print out or save that on device and send that. You can also e-sign documents with your fingers.
Adobe offers sign up for acrobat.com so you can create documents online, store your documents on cloud and share them with people. Adobe Reader also offers several in-app purchases to enhance the basic function of this app. Then you can convert images, Word and Excel documents to PDF (you need to subscribe to Adobe PDF Pack) and convert PDF files to editable Microsoft Word and Excel documents (you need to subscribe to Adobe ExportPDF). Currently, Adobe Reader supports following languages: English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. Adobe Reader app supports Android phones and tablets and may also be used on other devices.
Current Version: 16.3.1
Supported OS: Android 4.1 and Above
Safe APK: Adobe Acrobat Reader APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
– Bugs fixes.
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Added ability to remove individual items from Recent files list.
– Enhanced font handling support to improve text rendering.
– Use Create PDF and Export PDF on files stored in Dropbox. (Subscription required.)
– Security update for Android KitKat 4.4.
– Improved performance when opening documents.
– Supports Android Marshmallow 6.0
– Sign PDFs using new e-signature panel.
– Save your e-signature for using next time.
– Capture handwritten signature using mobile camera.
– Automatically synchronize your signature across multiple Abobe Acrobat versions.
– Improved night mode.
– Continuous scroll in reflow mode.
– Enhanced accessibility in user interface and PDF reading
– Easily clear your recent documents list. Send any file from Reader or create a link to share via email, the web, or social media.
– Control signature appearance with enhancements like setting color and line weight.
– You can now also purchase products with your Google Wallet account.
– Now, read PDFs in two-page view mode on 7 and 8 inch tablets.
– Bug fixes and performance improvements.