OpenSignal (3G 4G WiFi Maps & SpeedTest) is a nice tool to analyze, test and map cellular networks and WiFi and improve signals reception and get faster data. Using it, you can find public WiFi nearby, check coverage map for 2G, 3G and LTE of mobile networks in your country and also measure the speed of your internet connection.
OpenSignal data is based upon its millions of users. So, the data accuracy is quite trustworthy. The app utilizes Google Maps to display coverage of cellular networks and WiFi and also the location of cellular towers. You can see your own device on map and the mobile towers it is connected to. OpenSignal Android App requires your satellite location turned on and internet connectivity to function. The basic app features are listed below:
– Small size and responsive app layout.
– Helps you to connect to nearest cellular tower to improve signals reception and speedup internet.
– Signal compass points your device in the direction of signals.
– Displays coverage map of cellular networks. Choose specific network type to precisely check its coverage.
– Displays maps of nearby public Wifi.
– Check the location of your device and cellular towers it is connected to. Check the location of all nearby cellular towers (base stations) in your area.
– Network Rank reveals which carrier is best in your area.
– Builtin speedtest feature helps you test your internet speed (download and upload) and latency.
Current Version: 5.01
Supported OS: Android 4.1 and above
Safe APK: OpenSignal (3G 4G WiFi Maps & Speed Test) APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
– Fixes for coverage tab
– Support for iWLAN
– Improvements to data collection
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Supports more zoom levels in coverage maps for enhanced details.
– Better reporting of dropped calls.
– Removed unused contacts permissions.
– Fixed background app crashes.
– Stability improvements.