Android Messages (formerly Google Messenger or simply Messenger) is an excellent edition to free communication apps developed for android. It is basically an alternative to stock messaging application which is provided with Android phones and tablets. Android Messages utilizes network carrier to send and receive SMS and phone data to send MMS, audio messages, pictures and videos. Stock apps mostly lack several enhancements which custom built apps can provide. So, people who are tired of using stock messaging app can install and try this.
Android 4.4 and above
Safe APK: Android Messages (Messenger by Google) APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: 0980A12BE993528C19107BC21AD811478C63CEFC ]
Android Messages (Messenger app) carries several worthy features that ease the communication. Included are faster sharing with taking pictures and videos directly from app and choosing from already stored pictures and videos on phone. Users can record audio messages and send them from this app. It also offers the facility of searching keywords in conversations and helps quickly pull out older conversation from past. SMS blocker blocks unwanted SMS senders from nagging. Other notable features are emoji support, colored text threads, archiving messages etc. The app user interface is easy to use, intuitive and responsive.
Messages app is getting better with every new update. Support for more phones and tablets is being added. If you are unable to get it from Google Play Store or want to install it on Android emulator, you can get its APK and install it manually. Installing APK is always as simple as installing any software on PC.
2.1.161 – 2.2.067
– A new name! Messenger is now Android Messages, the messaging app built for Android
– Bug fixes and stability improvements
– Simpler sign-up for enhanced features on supported carriers
Overview of Previous Updates:
2.0.768 – 2.0.770
– Messenger has been completely redesigned to make conversations easier, faster, and more fun.
– Simple design, quick photo sharing, and top contacts one tap away
– Enhanced features that let you send messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends are typing, and more (some carriers only)
– Unread messages indicator on your Messenger’s home screen icon (some Android phones only)
– Android N (Nougat 7) compatibility
– Android Wear support.
– Performance improvements and bug fixes.
– Added Support for animated GIFs.
– Added homescreen Widget support.
– Ability to update bubbles colors for all contacts.
– Improved stability, responsiveness and lowered resources utilization.
– Bug fixes.