AVG Antivirus suite carries all the necessary tools that you need to protect your mobile devices from malwares and keep your private data safe. Although mobile threats are not as advanced as PC. Still having a good security application installed on phone or tablet is necessary. AVG mobile security app can well serve the purpose of providing complete security. It carries not only the virus scanner and removal feature but also Anti-theft feature that can help you recover your lost device, wipe data from stolen device or even lock that. Internet is the major source of malwares these days. AVG Antivirus makes your web surfing safe. If you install apps from third party sources, AVG scans the apps to make sure they are not malicious.
Developer: AVG Mobile
Current Version: 6.6.1
Supported OS: Android 4.1 and above
AVG Antivirus for Android can be used on all kinds of devices. It’s smaller size and optimized for lower resources consumption makes it sure that your mobile device should not slow down. It’s a conflict free product that is it won’t cause incompatibility problem with other security apps. AVG Mobile Antivirus features are listed below:
– Scans applications and files and remove threats.
– Surf web safely. Harmful URLs are blocked and redirects to a ‘safe page’. (Safe web surfing is only applicable to Android’s default Web browser and Google Chrome).
– Lock stolen or lost phone. Trace its location with Google Maps.
– Set a lock screen message to insist on returning the stolen phone. You can also make your phone shout even if silent mode is turned on.
– Remotely wipe data from your lost phone. You can wipe both internal and external storage.
– Camera Trap captures photograph and email you if someone wrongly enters password 3 times on your device.
– Device lock feature can automatically lock your phone if SIM card is replaced.
– App Lock feature can lock apps to protect your data and privacy.
– App backup make a backup of installed apps on SD card so you can restore them any time you want.
– Block unwanted callers from nagging you. Just add their numbers in block list.
– AVG can wipe data, format SD and restore your device to factory settings. You don’t need to do this all from phone settings.
– Optimize phone internal and external storage.
– Kill running tasks and processes to free up RAM and speed up device.
– Monitor battery status and set battery saver to turn on when battery gets low.
– Monitor internet traffic. The feature can help you save mobile data.
– AVG Antivirus for Android is now available in over 32 languages.
Note that AVG Antivirus carries 30 days trial for APP Lock, APP Backup, Device Lock and Camera trap. Rest of the features are free. After trial period is over, users may buy AVG Pro features or continue using freeware version.
– Android O support
– App Unlock screen keys displayed correctly
– Anti-Theft SMS commands fixed
– Call Blocker country code bugs fixed
– Faster loading of results screen after a scan, cleaning or boost is finished
– Improved scan complete dialog
– Rescan option added to Issues screen
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Enhancements and bug fixes
– Updated UI with material design. Updated AVG widget.
– Task killer button functionality in widget has been changed back to immediate task termination.
– Added additional permissions dialogue.
– Use one security PIN for anti-theft and app lock.
– Compatibility improvements for Android Marshmallow.
– Bug fixes.