Malwarebytes for Android protects your Android devices from malware, ransomware, adware, and unauthorized surveillance. It scans your apps for malicious codes, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), or adware to keep your Android running smooth. It is also capable of detecting malicious links sent in text messages, email, messengers and other social media apps. Malwarebytes identifies applications that track your location, monitor your calls, or cost you extra money in hidden fees.
Current Version: 22.214.171.124
Supported OS: Android 4.1 and above
• Conducts privacy audit for all apps
Identifies the access privileges of every app on your Android device so you know exactly what information you’re sharing. Keep tabs on which apps can track your location, monitor your calls, or cost you extra in hidden fees.
• Finds and removes adware and malware
Searches all files and apps quickly and effectively for malware or potentially unwanted programs such as screen lockers or adware, freeing your Android device from bloatware.
Overview of Updates
– Freemium model (scanning and remediation always free)
– 30-day trial of Premium
– Existing users grandfathered into basic real-time protection for no extra cost
• Advanced protection (only Premium)
– Anti-ransomware, with remediation
– Real-time detection of malware
– Deep scanning to detect ransomware disguised through mutation
– Scan and install (scans apps before installation)
• Homescreen widgets
• Automatic text scans for phishing links
• SMS device control