Nice and simple File Manager for Android devices. Especially useful for devices running on older Android operating systems that have limited internal storage to install new apps. Total Commander with its small size can be installed on any phone or tablet running Android 1.5 or above and without burdening that. The app offers all the necessary features for free and in user-friendly manner.
Developer: C. Ghisler
Current Version: 2.72
Supported OS: Android 1.5 and above
– Copy and move entire sub directories. Use drag and drop feature to easily move files.
– Create new directories and folders. Rename files, delete and empty storage.
– Zip and unzip archives. Also supports RAR.
– Change permissions. Open properties dialogue to know more about stored files.
– Carries built-in text editor for typing and search function for easy searching stuff.
– Select or unselect multiple files at once. Select by tapping on file icon.
– Displays list of installed apps on Android device.
– Displays thumbnails for supported image formats.
– Supports file sharing over FTP and SFTP. Send files over bluetooth. Also includes WebDAV plugin.
– The app has got root support for main functions. The rooted phone is not the requirement for using Total Commander.
– Supports bookmarking and keeps the directory history.
– Built-in media player can stream over LAN, WebDAV and cloud plugins.
– Plugins for cloud services include Google Drive, Microsoft Live, Dropbox.
– Configurable button bar for changing directories, internal commands, launching apps, and sending shell commands.
– Help is available in English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Czech.
– Supports multiple languages.
– Total Commander is free and carries no ads. However, it contains a link “Add plugins (download)” in the home folder which is treated as an ad by the Play Store because it links to developer’s other apps (plugins).
– Fixed ‘Root functions everywhere’ that was no longer working.
– Better support for external drives in Android Marshmallow.