VLC is a popular open source universal media player developed for playing all sorts of audio and video files. Originally developed for Windows, this player is now also available for Android, WindowsPhone and other mobile platforms. VLC for Android can be used alternatively to watch videos and play audios which built-in Android video and audio players fail to play. Since VLC is an open source project developed by volunteer developers, you won’t find annoying ads, in-app purchases, spywares in this app. The source code for this app is also freely available for enthusiasts.
Current Version: 3.0.11
Supported OS: Android 2.3 and above
Safe APK: VLC APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: EEFBC981428343BBDDFFF6B23B6BD8717351410C ]
VLC is light in weight with sleek and simple design. No complex navigation and no hard to understand settings. Fully automated and pre-configured, this player chooses required codecs in the background and play the media file. No need to do lengthy settings before playing anything. This player supports both local playback and network streaming. It is able to fetch video links and start playing online videos. VLC scans media files stored on your device and display them so you can just select and play. There are separate libraries for videos and audios for quick and easy selection. It also allows browsing folders thus letting users manually locate media files stored on internal and external storage. The media player is also capable of displaying thumbnails for videos and also for audios if available. VLC includes support for multi-track audio and wide range of subtitle formats.
Other features included in VLC Media Player are auto-rotation, aspect ratio adjustment and gesture controls for adjusting brightness and controlling volume. A main screen widget for audio control is also included that supports headset controls, cover art and audio library. No matter how large or small your Android device screen is, VLC easily fits all of them. This application includes all required codecs so you do not need to install them separately. All kinds of Android devices are supported including Android TV.
* Fix potential crash on playback transitions
* Restore playlist deletion option
* Misc. fixes
* Restore ‘Play all’ option
Overview of Previous Updates:
– Android Auto has been disabled due to Google claim, it will come back in v3.1
– Audio digital output (passthrough) is now disabled by default
– Fix video seek at wrong time on playback resume
– Fix renderer staying ‘connected’ when wifi is turned off
– Video tracks selector in video player
– Fix load last playlist from headset on Android 2-4
– Misc. fixes
– Chromecast improvements
– Chromecast support (beta)
– Playlist files are now scanned
– Faster seek in videos
– Delete now possible SD Cards
– Fixed delete on Oreo devices
– Options to disable subs auto-loading
– Fixed artists/Album classification
– Performance improvements
– Misc. fixes