VLC is a popular open source universal media player developed for playing all sorts of audio and video files. Originally developed for Windows, this player is now also available for Android, WindowsPhone and other mobile platforms. VLC for Android can be used alternatively to watch videos and play audios which built-in Android video and audio players fail to play. Since VLC is an open source project developed by volunteer developers, you won’t find annoying ads, in-app purchases, spywares in this app. The source code for this app is also freely available for enthusiasts.
Current Version: 2.5.4
Supported OS: Android 2.3 and above
Safe APK: VLC APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: EEFBC981428343BBDDFFF6B23B6BD8717351410C ]
VLC is light in weight with sleek and simple design. No complex navigation and no hard to understand settings. Fully automated and pre-configured, this player chooses required codecs in the background and play the media file. No need to do lengthy settings before playing anything. This player supports both local playback and network streaming. It is able to fetch video links and start playing online videos. VLC scans media files stored on your device and display them so you can just select and play. There are separate libraries for videos and audios for quick and easy selection. It also allows browsing folders thus letting users manually locate media files stored on internal and external storage. The media player is also capable of displaying thumbnails for videos and also for audios if available. VLC includes support for multi-track audio and wide range of subtitle formats.
Other features included in VLC Media Player are auto-rotation, aspect ratio adjustment and gesture controls for adjusting brightness and controlling volume. A main screen widget for audio control is also included that supports headset controls, cover art and audio library. No matter how large or small your Android device screen is, VLC easily fits all of them. This application includes all required codecs so you do not need to install them separately. All kinds of Android devices are supported including Android TV.
– Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Overview of Previous Updates:
– 2.0.6 is an update fixing crashes, updating codecs and saving the audio delay for BT headphones.
– Fixed bugs for ARMv8 phones.
– Improved MKV and grouping support.
– New features introduced in v2.0 include network disk browsing (Windows shares, UPnP, NFS, FTP, SFTP…), favorite folders and URLs, video playlists, popup video, new permissions support, subtitles download, rewritten notifications and control, and a rewritten history.
– The Android TV and Android versions have been merged, so that every device can optionally get the updated Android TV look.
– New subtitle engine for complex text and Unicode support.
– Changed the notification, lockscreen and Bluetooth control.
– Simplified the code and used more standard libraries and widgets.
– Improvements for TV.
– Bugs and crashes fixed.
– Supports background video playback.
– Audio delay control has been activated.
– New user interface.
– Several bugs fixes.