Skype is quite possibly one of the oldest and most popular online calling and messaging service used by millions. Skype has been around since 2003 which is now owned by Microsoft. It comes integrated in newer Microsoft OS powered devices. Skype like other mobile platforms is also developed and maintained for Android. Most Android phones and tablets come with Skype pre-installed on them. Skype supports making calls to mobile and landline numbers by buying credit. Calls and messages from Skype to other Skype users is entirely free.
Current Version: 18.104.22.168085
Supported OS: Android 6.0 and above
Safe APK: Skype APK was fetched from Play Store and published here without any modifications. See its hashes on download page.
[ Signature: 771807D1B8414D6989E7D8EF0B9797243B931F95 ]
Skype app supports video calling and text chatting over WiFi and mobile network. Thus people can make free calls whenever they want and from where ever they want. It works as an alternative to default calling and messaging service of phone. Only requirement here is caller and receiver both should have Skype installed on their phones for free conversations. Unlike other communication services, Skype requires users to make an account, sign in, add people through their usernames or email addresses and then start conversation with them. Text messages support emoticons and text formatting. Pictures stored on phone can be sent or new pictures can be taken by launching camera of phone from within the app. Unlimited Video messages can be recorded and sent without worrying about exhausting credit. Since Skype is available for multiple platforms and gadgets, it does not make any difference if users make call from their PC or iPhone or an Android phone. Such calls and other messages shall always be delivered to the people no matter what device they are using. If they do not have Skype available, then cheaper calls with Skype Credit can be made to them without the restriction of boundaries of countries.
Skype app for android supports notifications pop up in notifications bar of phone. Calls just pop up like normal phone calls. Users can make a switch between video calling and voice calling. Video calling use phone front camera and may also be switched to back camera. Two kinds of accounts work with Skype. One default Skype account and other Microsoft account. Just Sign in with your live email address and quickly start using it.
– Change app language – switch languages via the app settings.
– Panoramic photos – share panoramic photos with friends via chat or your highlights.
– General performance and reliability improvements.
Overview of Previous Updates:
– We’re always working on making Skype better and we release new features and improvements frequently.
– Please send us your feedback! Just tap on the menu icon “…” in-app and go to “Settings” > “Feedback”.
– In this release, we’ve included a number of general improvement and feature updates to make Skype better for you.
7.29 – 7.41
– Spread a little extra holiday cheer! Share a personalized holiday message with your loved ones. Tap the “+” button on the lower right, then select the snowflake icon.
– Now you can @mention your Skype contacts and bots in a group chat.
– Resolved sign in issue for users with multiple accounts.
– Improvements in call establishment rates, when the app is on the receiving end.
– Invite friends to a Skype chat even if they don’t have the Skype app by using an invite link
– Improvements to chat performance
– Minor improvements and bug fixes.
– Accessibility support for cards from bots
– Resolved issues related to changing device orientation while recording a video message
– Improved app reliability on Samsung devices running OS versions 6.01 and 5.1
– Simplified sign-in for Microsoft account users
– Streamlined contact discovery for phone number user account
– Supports Android Marshmallow updates.
– Friends can receive photos now even if they are offline.
– Added support for formatted text. Now, receive photos from different Skype clients.
– Picture view mode added for video calling.
– Chats load faster. App optimized for faster starting.
– Performance improvements and bug fixes.